Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Amy Leigh OC

Well, barring a miracle, it appears that the blog posts will be minimal for at least a couple weeks. Amy and Anderson were watching the Cubs game last night on the Dell and it completely died. Black screen with green lines...no good. I am typically not a proponent of the overpriced extended warranties on electronics but when I bought the computer a couple years ago I must have been in a worrisome mood. I don't know a whole lot about fixing hardware problems and who knows what can happen when peanut butter and the motherboard meet for the first time. Apparently they don't get along. Dell is sending a new motherboard along with a new LCD panel for the laptop. I think the board is $200-$300 (depends on how brave you are with internet sites) and who knows how much the screen costs. So I think I finally came out on top of one of the warranty deals.

Take care and Amy will have lots to talk about in a few weeks. We are hitting DC for the DMB show this weekend, Charleston with the Holby's next weekend and then on to Ormond and Disney the next. Anybody want to chip in with some gas money?

No comments: