Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Kindergarten Time!

Boy, six o'clock came early for us all this morning! My baby boy loves his sleep and I knew it would be hard for him to get up so early. I woke him up at 6:30 and the first thing he told me was "mommy my eye's hurt" and once we got downstairs he said, "why am I awake? It's still dark outside." Oh my sweet boy! Brandon went in late this morning so he could go with us to walk our firstborn (sniff sniff) into the next 13 years plus of his life! Once he could get his eyes open he was super excited to get to school! He walked right in and put his stuff up and was fine. I got teary eyed when we left because I missed him so much already! There were times this summer when I was so ready for school to start, but this morning I just didn't feel like that... I was sad. My baby, in school. Him spending more of his day with someone else than with me. I didn't sob, but I was just sad. Grayson missed him tons and kept asking when we were going to pick him up. He was reunited with his ole' pal Aubree though. They are like an old married couple when they are together without Anderson. They love each other one minute and fight the next. They were so cute though. Grayson even fed Aubree her lunch. Speaking of Aubree she LOVES LOVES LOVES her sleep. The girl can sleep. Monday she didn't get up until 10 am, so this morning when she was awoken at 6:45 she was a little confused. She didn't fuss about being up so early, but it hit her like a tons of bricks around 10 am. She was a fuss pot all day long. I guess she will have to adjust. She didn't get down for nap until about 2:30 so we had to wake her up from nap around 5:30 so she would go back down for the night. Car line was crazy. I got there early, b/c I was told it would be crazy. I was one of the first parents, but still had to wait about 30 minutes. Don't know what's worse waiting before they let them out or after??? Anderson had a great first day, but was pretty worn out after a full day of school. Hope he is as excited in the morning. Looks like the Snyder family has a new normal!
Anderson trying to make a K with his fingers (next year might be a little easier with a 1)


He was ready

My Handsome Kindergartner

Grayson wasn't so sure... Gonna miss bro bro
Proud boy out side of his classroom
We'll see what tomorrow brings. More exciting time for the family with our little princess turning TWO tomorrow!... where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I was most sad this year - believe it or not...2nd grade...K wouldn't let me walk her in...:(

Lynne said...

I hope tomorrow and everyday after goes as well.