Monday, March 31, 2008

Driving Lessons from a 3 1/2 year old

This morning the boys and I headed to the dentist to get Anderson's 6 month checkup and I got a few driving tips from him along the way. First of all he didn't like the Baby Einstien DVD that Grayson was watching, so I figure that's what made him want to have a chat. Here's how the lesson went.

AI: Mommy, be really careful not to bump into any of the cars on the road.
Me: Ok, I'll try to be careful.
AI: Mommy, you have to turn the wheel this way, then this way, then this way so you don't bump into any of those cars.
Me: Ok, I'll do that so we can be careful.
AI: Mommy, you have to stay on this side of the road and the other cars have to stay on the other side of the road so we don't bump into any of the cars.
Me: That's right. We should stay on our side.
AI: Yep!

Then the conversation is over just like that. He is a very smart boy! I think his Daddy taught him all of this and he figured he needed to teach mommy. It was too cute. The dentist went well. He was such a big boy this time around for his cleaning. I got to sit on the bench and just watch. I didn't have to hold him down kicking and screaming this time. My how much difference six months makes. He is growing up so fast!

3 comments:

Varna said...

Funny back seat driver! I just found your blog through Kathryn's - great job.
-Varna

Tracy said...

Sooo cute! Christopher now watches the speedometer and the speed limit signs to make sure I'm being safe!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Yes - back seat drivers start early!!