Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snakes eat Mice Right????

Well, first of all Daddy is out of surgery and he did well. Thanks to all who thought about him or prayed for him.
Now, on to my title.................
Yep, we now have MICE........... ICKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good dinner for snakes, huh? Brandon saw our first little friend about a week ago. We set traps and called the landlords (whom we are not happy with.. but that's another post for another day). We caught one and found another one stuck in the trash can. When we called the owners we told them about the problem and they sent out the neighborhood handyman to try to get rid of our visitors. i'm guessing his rates are cheaper than the Pest Control!!!??? They made us feel pretty stupid, saying that in 12 years they never had mice... Well, we now had two dead ones to prove that we DO in fact have mice. Ughhh... Poor Tom (the handyman) is just the nicest guy! We are getting to know each other quite well, as this house has all sorts of issues! He came over yesterday morning and patched up SEVERAL holes that they could be getting through and set several traps. He was COMPLETELY overwhelmed when he saw just all the places that they could be getting in. The ones that we have caught have been babies, but this morning as Tom was making his daily visit he found a BIG one that got caught down in the storage closet (crawl space). He set more traps today and patched more holes and told me he would back tomorrow to check traps and check out if they are in the duct work......... So my week has consisted of spending the day with Tom and Our Jerry's .... Get it! I'm counting down the hours until our house is completed!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

haha, i like your posts :')

megan said...

Oh yuck!!! That just makes my skin crawl thinking about it. No offense :) You will enjoy your new house SO MUCH more after all of this! Hang in there :)

The Baur Family said...

Ewww. I'm so sorry, that is horrible. We had one in our apartment in Clemson one time, and that was enough for me. I know you are dying to get in your own house now! Good luck with it, I hope they get rid of all of them, and FAST! Love the "Tom and Jerry" comment...too funny!

Amy J said...

Eek! I think I'd rather have snakes than mice. They give me the heeby-jeebies.

Unknown said...

just think of them as little mickey and minnies :)

i can't say too much... my sister and i kept mice as pets when we were kids. again, elaine is the weird one.

hope you get your infestation taken care of soon!!!!

Nic said...

I hope you the owners have significantly reduced your rent!!!