Sunday, November 2, 2008

Never A Dull Moment!

Well, I just brought Grayson back from his overnight stay in the hospital! He had a little fever on Halloween night and kinda a cough before he went to bed. I was awoken at 5:45 Saturday morning to the worst sound ever, but very familiar. He was gasping for breath while having a barking cough. He had a bad case of croup.. which I suffered from several times as a child. I scooped him up brought him to my room to wake myself up and realized he was really having a hard time breathing. His chest was retracting pretty bad, so I took him to the boys bathroom and steamed it up with the shower. He started to breathe a little easier and Brandon called the on call nurse. By the time he got in the bathroom the nurse was calling back. She told us to stay in the bathroom for another few minutes and bring him to the ER uptown at Levine Children's Hospital. I threw clothes on and got him there pretty quickly. They gave him two breathing treatments and some steriod medication while we were in the ER for 8 hours....... (thank goodness we had our own room and a TV)... We overdosed on Playhouse Disney! They decided it would be best to watch him overnight and just in case he needed another treatment. Brandon had to stay with him, since I'm Aubree's milk truck. It was soooo hard to leave my sweet baby boy in the hospital. Our house was so empty without him here last night and Anderson missed his roommate! I got up early, and went up to be with him this morning and he was realeased at 10:15 and is doing so much better! Man, he scared me!

6 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Oh my goodness, I am sorry all that happened. The barking cough is scary. I'm glad that Grayson is home and all of you are together. :-)

Claire said...

Sorry you had such a bad night! I'm glad Grayson is feeling better. I know that must have been tough being away from him. Glad he is home now with all of you!!!

Nic said...

Wow. He's racking up the hospital visits that boy is!! Always something to keep you on your toes, right?

megan said...

That must have been awful to leave him! Glad he's home and getting better. Croup is so scary!

Unknown said...

hope you are all feeling better! miss seeing you!

Eversole Crew said...

WOW...you are such an inspiration on how you handle everything! I am so glad all is better for Grayson!