Wednesday, June 23, 2010

As Promised!~

For my mom, sis in law Bek and and any others who want to see how the house is coming along, here ya go! Some rooms are shaping up, but some are still holding areas for things that haven't found a home yet. For example, Brandon's office below is just holding some furniture that I didn't want in any other rooms..who knows what we will do with it?? The guest room/my sewing room is full of pics on the floor so I didn't even take a pic of it.
He eventually wants a nice desk in the office...eventually! The office is right off of the front entry way to the right.


The Dining Room is right off the front entry way to the left. We got a new table, which fits in nicely and a rug. In time, I will I want to do some type of wainscoting on the lower half of the walls and paint the upper and of course do something on the windows.
Grayson's Room: This was originally supposed to be Anderson's room, but things got switched around (long story) The opposite walls that you can't see are khaki. I still have some projects for his walls, just haven't finished them yet. I painted the canvases to match the vehicles on his curtains.


Anderson's Room: The opposite walls are khaki as well and vintage airplanes are on his curtains that I made. There isn't anything on his walls yet... more projects I'm working on.

Morning Room: This is our next room to paint after the kitchen is finished. We are painting it a shade lighter than the family room and kitchen color.
Family Room: The only room that is done. Actually when I took this pic, the mirror wasn't even hanging yet. I knew I had to keep my red couches, so I found this fabric as soon as we decided to build the house and decided to take a risk and pair it with green walls. The coffee table and end tables were our old lighter color wood ones, and I spent a LONG time sanding and re-staining them. Let's just say when I started I was wearing my ski jacket and gloves at the rental and when I finished them four days ago I was melting outside in a tank and shorts. It was a long project that got stalled during the spring when the pollen was so bad. I couldn't stain while it rained the yellow stuff.

Our monster ceiling fan
TV wall: The pic reads: All Because Two People Fell in Love... Love it!
The mirror is up now and so is my S
This S was in the old house, but it was gold. It's scary what a girl can do with some spray paint. I have several spray paint projects for the morning room as well. I think Brandon is pretty pleased with the fact that I'm recycling some of our old stuff and just making it look different. I'm so GREEN!! :0)



And Finally My Lovely Appliances!!! My fav: the Dishwasher!
Microwave and Cooktop. They both were too big for the holes that the builder left for them to fit in. You really don't want to see the underside of the cooktop. I think my dad took out some stress on it, while trying to beat it down to size. It fits though!!!
Double Oven and Fridge. Check out all the fingerprints already
Lastly... my half painted kitchen
Brandon still has to trim the top, so I can finish the rolling. I'm going to carry the same red and white fabric in the kitchen for the two windows over the sink.
So, we've done a lot, but still have a lot to do. Brandon told me to quit blogging, b/c it's starting to sound like a big to do list for him. I didn't get any pics of our bedroom, but it's pretty boring right now. I have ordered fabric for it and have a plan. The fabric is khaki and orange and we are going to go with chocolate brown walls. I don't even want to think about painting it though, b/c I'm pretty sure it will take a 5 gallon bucket of paint. So if you stop by make sure you bring some old clothes and your paint brush!!!!

8 comments:

Claire said...

It's looking great Amy. The green looks great and you know I'm still a big fan of red. They boys rooms look cute too! It will take time, but I know all the rooms will be perfect.Oh...and that "to do list" will never end. We still have an endless list of projects and we've been here 4 years! Try not to work too hard in this aweful heat!!!

Rebekah said...

You've been busy!

Lynne said...

Very impressive. The living room look great and Grayson's drapes turned out well. I like the accent. Looking forward to this weekend and having you here. Love Mom

Unknown said...

you've done an amazing job amy and i am exhausted for you! keep the pictures coming!

Amy J said...

It all looks great! You sure have been busy!

Rebekah said...

Have you cooked with gas yet? I'm anxious to see what you think. I love it on the big stoves at church, but wondering at home if I'll think the same. I picked out my gas cooktop first and then just took the other appliances that went with it. It's the appliance that I use the most, so it was most important to me...the dishwasher is for Dave and Kessie. :)

ruteegee said...

hi! i love your kitchen, its beautiful.

Nic said...

It looks great! What's your secret to finding time to do all the work? I still need to find time to turn Alex's room into his big boy room...I'm hoping August and school will be the time to get stuff done!