Monday, June 7, 2010

IMPORTANT Things Learned from the Radio

I was listening to the "Matt and Ramona" show a few months ago while I was driving by myself (since I don't listen to anything non kid related while they are in the van with me) and it was Tirade Tuesday. A mother called in about her child sticking something up his nose and how frustrated she was with him. She then preceded to explain how she had to get it out, which I had never really thought about doing if one of my children were to stick something up their nose. I guessed I stored that helpful tidbit in the back of my brain just in case.

Well, fast forward to breakfast this morning! One little particular toddler of mine is in LOVE with her nose. She thinks it's the funniest thing if someone is looking at her to stick her fingers up her nose. Quite embarrassing if you ask me... but whatever! We were having peanut butter toast for breakfast and she wasn't thrilled about it. She spit out a bite and then thought she would play with it a while. Being the mischievous child she is she broke off a piece of it when I wasn't looking and stuck it up her nose. Nice! She started SCREAMING!!!!! She fought me when I tried to turn her up to see if it was indeed a piece of pb toast, which I suspected since while she was screaming she was sticking her finger up her nose. I thought back to that day in the car and remembered what that lady had to do. She put her mouth around the other nostril and blew pretty hard to get the object out. So, I tried once, but didn't blow too too hard. I tried again through her screaming. She didn't have a clue what I was doing to her! On the third time, I blew much harder and the piece of toast shot out! Thanks goodness. I was really dreading loading up the boys and a Screaming toddler to head to the ER for pb toast troubles.... Good thing I was listening to the radio that day!

5 comments:

Claire said...

That's scary, funny and disgusting all at the same time. Hope I don't have to use that bit of info....but I probably will.

Unknown said...

thank you for making me smile today and please tell your daughter to quit sticking things up her nose!!!

Amy J said...

That is crazy! I would have never thought of that! And I sincerely hope you never have to do it again. LOL

megan said...

Wow, great bit of advice to know!!! I would have never thought of that! Sorry you had to actually use it though...LOL

Nic said...

Yup, I'll be storing that info in the back of my brain too. Good to know!