Thursday, September 4, 2008

Survived Our First Week of School and More

Anderson absolutely loves going to preschool. I ask him what he did each day and he can only remember eating snack, eating lunch and playing on the playgroud... I guess those are the most important. I survived the first week of having to walk him (and my other two little ones) inside each morning and walking in to pick him up in the afternoons. Let's just say I look like the walking advertisment for needing to be on birth control!!!!!!!!!! :) Three is a handful.... Grayson goes into Anderson's class each day and I have to drag him out because he wants to stay and play! If I can find some more money he may just have to start in the two's next year! Speaking of having a crew of kids... I was at Target on Wednesday after dropping him off at school and this little old lady said.. "oh how nice you have a boy and a girl" I respond, " I have another little one at preschool" and all she has to say is "how old are you?" I'll just take that as a compliment that I look 22!!!! Tired eyes and all!

On a very happy note, I took Aubree to the peditrician today for a follow up since I was a train wreck when I went for her 5 day visit... He didn't even get to really examine her that day since I think he was thinking about admitting me to the psych ward...... I couldn't talk I was crying so hard about all of our nursing issues.. Let's just say today was MUCH better. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz... and only 10 days ago she was 7 lbs... He said that far exceeds his expectations of weight gain! She is getting better nursing each and every day! She has latched everytime we have tried in the last two days............ Persistance does pay off. I am SOOOOO glad that I didn't give up... I only wanted to a few times.. but so glad that I didn't! Like my mom said to me today about something completely off topic.... a Mattison never gives up... That's a good personality trait to have!!!! This tired mommy is now saying nighty night!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Claire said...

I'm soooo glad you are doing better. I'm sure last week was the result of a lot of things building up. Sounds like Aubree isn't giving up either! Hope you all have a great weekend.

megan said...

You've just described one main reason we didn't do preschool last year--the year before I was hauling in THREE other children to drop off Emily!!! Don't you just love the comments and looks?! Some are sweet and others make me burst into tears right there!
So glad to hear that nursing is getting better. You're so blessed with those 3 darlings!

Nic said...

Way to go Aubree! You're going to need all that milk to grow big and strong and show those boys who's in charge! BIG Congrats to Mommy too for hanging in there even when times were tough.

Unknown said...

congrats on the nursing amy!! i am so glad for you and aubree!!