Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snowshoe 2009

I LOVE TO SKI!!!! I have been skiing since I was 8 years old and it's one of my very favorite things to do! We have been going to Snowshoe with mom and dad since 2005, so this would make it our 5th year! One may not know that I can ski double black diamonds and not fall... yeah...... didn't believe it did you? I love the thrill of just taking off down the mountain and seeing what's in store. I did fall twice on smaller hills, but I'll blame that on the the beautiful powder that was falling from the sky! Anderson tried it the first day, but he's just not too into it yet... maybe next year! Grayson went down the bunny slope in Pappy's arms and LOVED it! He wanted to ride the chairlift back up but I wouldn't let him... Here are some pictures from our trip.

The snow was beautiful!

Pappy fell.... I had to catch it on film

Me and Pappy

Me and Mom

Getting ready to go out!

Grayson Skiing with Pappy



Snuggled up


Our Family Picture



The Ski Patrol who took our picture made us do this.. how cheesy!

My Brand New Skis
Brandon in action

5 comments:

megan said...

Looks like fun! Glad to see your parents went with you. When I saw your other post about going, I wondered how on earth you managed 3 small kids on a ski trip!!! I felt like a deadbeat that we haven't attempted that....now I feel better knowing that there were 4 adults ;)

Jennifer B. said...

That looks really fun! I've never been skiing but have always wanted to. Believe it or not, we have skiing in Arizona. :-)

Unknown said...

some day i will get back on the slopes...

it looks like you all had a wonderful time. thanks for sharing all the pictures!!

(ps - i would pay to see you go down the double black diamond!!)

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

What a great family picture! I love to ski as well...but I'm not sure if we are going to make it up there this year or not. :( Looks like y'all had a great time!

Varna said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love to ski too. I am so jealous you got to play in so much snow- fun stuff!