Friday, September 18, 2009

Good Bye Guiding Light.. Dear Friend!

I can remember very vividly in my childhood spending the 3:00 hour with my mom glued to CBS watching "her" soap, Guiding Light! I learned a lot about the world growing up watching it! I remember being about 8 or 9 years old and being so upset that Reva and Josh couldn't stay happy. I asked mom why things just couldn't work out for people in Springfield. She proceeded to tell me if everyone was happy, then there wouldn't be any thing to watch the show for! I continued to watch our soap through middle school, high school, and college when I had the chance. I wasn't ever able to watch it while I was teaching, but caught right back up to it once I was a stay-at-home mom. In the last year, since life has been so busy I haven't had the chance very often to sit down and watch it, but I have caught back up with it in these last few weeks. You know you can go a few years without watching one, and in one or two episodes know everything that has gone on since you quit watching it!!! Today Guiding Light will be over! CBS pulled the plug on it after 72 years! I will miss you dear friend and thanks for the memories for me and my mom and for introducing me to some of life's lessons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that post that was so sweet. We will miss the Guiding Light but our memories will always be there. Love Mom

Eversole Crew said...

Can't believe it is gone...what is the world coming to? I thought it would be around forever! I, too, grew up watching it with my Grandma!