Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts on Clemson GT Game from DH

Trying to be as objective as possible but I didn't get my heart to stop racing until 1:00 AM this morning after the game. Watched the Steelers win, a Simpsons, and a Good Eats and I was still ticked about the holding call from that retarded ref. Why does it seem that its only Clemson that gets these crap calls at the biggest point in the game? Yes, the personal foul on GT was suspect, but it was in the 2nd quarter and we were down by 17 points. And, yes, the make up for the holding call was made on the next set of downs for GT, but the fact is it didnt change the game the way our horrendous call did. It's really hard for me to think these guys arent paid off instead of believing their poor decisions are due to gross ineptitude and unwarranted caprices! Oooh, I haven't thrown a flag in a long time...I better throw one...now. Anyway, thats it for me. Sorry to disappoint you ladies if you were looking for what Amy bought at Ikea yesterday.

5 comments:

Jason, Julie, Ian, and Ivy said...

I know Amy...tough loss. I too couldn't go to sleep until 1am. Such a heartbreaker. :( That holding call was awful. But man, the Tigers played an AWESOME 2nd half!! I think we have a great season ahead of us!

Claire said...

It was a tough one to watch. At least it did get better after the 1st quarter....I was a bit worried when it first started. Now I'm not so afraid to come down to watch them play next weekend!

Karen said...

Being a Tech grad\fan I'm a little biased, but I believe the holding call could have gone either way. I know it stings a little more because it was at the end of the game. The personal foul call was definitely bad.

Believe me, it seems like GT gets more than a fair share of bad calls too. In general, ACC refs suck. I don't know how many times we say that at every game.

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Ok - I have to say it... This is why SEC RULES!!!

We watched the game last night and I would rather lose in OT than lose to a last minute FG!

Christina said...

Brandon, I LOVE that you referred to yourself as DH...LOL!!! Sorry about the loss.