Monday, October 5, 2009

SNAKE

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Friday night as I was going to hang the boys curtains in their room downstairs in the new house, guess what greeted me at the bottom of the steps.... A baby copperhead!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was screaming at the top of my lungs to Brandon and he had the CD playing so loud he couldn't hear me...... PANIC!!!!!! He finally heard me. He was such a hero and "took" care of it for me! I was crying and wanting my old house back and a refund of course, but that's not possible. We moved in on Saturday thanks to the help of the Holby's and Grammy and Papa... We couldn't have done it without them. We took some major precautions against anymore little visitors and gave our landlords a call as well. They had only seen one in the house in 12 years.... Oh I'm sure! I made Brandon go look for snakes downstairs all night on Saturday while the boys slept... I just need to relax. Anyway, we put mothballs everywhere and invested in some Snake-a-way for any future guests that aren't invited. I'm dreaming about snakes every night, so needless to say I'm not getting much sleep! I also have a zillion boxes to unpack as well. I just don't know where to start! We won't be staying here more than a year and will be looking for something a little less wooded! Sigh.....

8 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Oh My!! I would have reacted the same way! I hope that was the only one that got in! Good luck!

Claire said...

Sounds like your fear came true. So sorry for that. Hopefully that was the last of them! Hope you feel more "settled" soon!

Amy J said...

What a housewarming!

megan said...

If it makes you feel any better, we saw a baby copperhead on our walk yesterday, in the neighborhood--so we have them here in MP too :)

Jennifer B. said...

Oh no...I'm sorry that happened, especially on your FIRST day there! I'll bet you'll enjoy the house once that shock wears off, though. :-)

Unknown said...

we've seen them here in our neighborhood too (a neighbor had a 5 foot one on his back patio!) maybe he just wanted to say welcome in his own special little way! : )
glad you are in your "new" place. hope it feels more like home and less like the great outdoors soon!

Eversole Crew said...

WOW! You are a better woman than me...I would have been hauling my stuff back out the door! Hope everything calms down from here on out...including your nerves!

Jenn's Blog said...

Kai keeps on saying Anderson lives in the forest now. I bet he will see alot of animals. He cracks me up when he talks about Anderson's new house.