Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Best Decade Yet... What's to Come?

As we were hanging out with the Holby's last night until the clock struck midnight (with all six kids and even two that made it to midnight) I just couldn't help but think about where I was 10 years ago. Brandon and I and two other couples went to a black tie formal in uptown Charlotte to ring in the new millennium. We got all snazzed up and didn't have a care in the world. Ten years sure changes things, because unlike then I have to put the remaining kids in the bed, and fall asleep as fast as I can because I know they will be up bright and early ready to play! But, as my title says, it's been the best ten years ever! I graduated college, got my first teaching job, Brandon proposed to me, we got married, built our first home, and I gave birth to three AMAZING children! On top of all of that we have made some lifelong friendships and my dad survived a major heart attack. I just don't know if this decade can be topped? The Lord has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and I never forget to thank him for the life that he has so graciously let me live.


We have a lot to look forward to in the new year and can only hope that this new decade will be just as great as the last one. Anderson will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall and Grayson (fingers crossed) will be starting preschool. I have some convincing to do in order for him to be excited about that!!! Aubree is just growing so fast and changing all of the time. Her vocabulary is soaring and her personality is shining! Anderson will be able to start sports as well, which we are really looking forward to. We are also going to be building our dream home this winter and couldn't be more excited about having that decision made and beginning to look forward to the kids getting settled in our home. The rental is ok, but Grayson is still not very comfortable with his room at night. I am hoping that with all of the bedrooms being on one level that he will feel more comfortable in the new house and sleep all night without paying us visits. Our house will be in Lake Wylie, so we will be staying on this side of York county. Anderson will still go to Crowder's Creek Elementary which is the same school that he would go to if we were still in the rental. From everything that I heard and read it's an amazing school and I'm so relieved that he will have the opportunity to go to a top notch school. We are building with Ryan Homes and will be in the Lake Forest neighborhood. It only has about 12 or so houses in it right now, and they are going to try to keep as many trees as possible, which I am happy about. The neighborhood will only have 66 houses total, so not too big. Our lot is one road over from the lake and the neighborhood has a lake front park there so that will be neat. I think fishing poles are in order for this summer! Here are a few pictures from our lot and the front of the 'hood!!





I hope that each of you that read this has a wonderful New Year and a decade full of blessings! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

There will be plenty of memories to come in the next 10 years, from seeing the kids off to kindergarten, seeing their first ball game to seeing them with their first girl/boy friend. The later being the most scary. We are glad we are fortunate enough to be able to be apart of your years to come but your best memories will be that with your family. Enjoy them because before you know it they will be off to college.

Eversole Crew said...

Isn't it amazing how God has blessed!

Claire said...

It is crazy how much has happenend in the last 10 years and amazing to think about what will come in the next 10. I can't wait to see how all of our children grow up....even though that is kind of sad to think about. Hope to keep making memories with the Snyders too!

Anonymous said...

Do you realize in 10 more years Anderson will be 15. Payback is sweet. Love you darling