Thursday, May 13, 2010

8 Days Til Closing

Just adding a few pics of the home. (Posted by Brandon)

Master Bath. Check out the 120 and cable outlet in the corner for my 6:00 AM ESPN...Sweet. I haven't bought the TV yet but they keep getting fancier...ESPN in 3D? Hmmmmm. Maybe Fox News Rising with Anna K....just kidding. You guys know I'm not a blonde fan. If I were, I wouldn't know any of you crazy blog readers.

Kitchen. Looking pretty good. Lots of cabinet doors being replaced due to poor efforts from the tile company to protect them when they did their work. We are adding our own appliances because I get a break on "high end" stuff from Duke. I say "high end" because I am not trying to be a pompous idiot. We just had "low end" stuff at Greybriar and that crap broke every year and the dishwasher was so loud, I think it is what made Anderson sleep with us for the first 13 months of his life...or maybe we just didn't know what we were doing. Either way, the stainless steel should be dented within the first month and Amy will finally agree that we should have stuck with the black appliances.

Exterior. We can tell sod is going to die if they don't water it! With the weeds we had at Greybriar, we are not going to stand for it here. If Derek sees this he will know what I mean since his friend Eddie was popping him with our 4 foot tall weeds in the back yard.



While Im posting check out this coaster Derek and I are jumping on in less than 3 weeks: 420 feet, 120+ mph. I like comparing it to the Wachovia "Jukebox" building in Charlotte because of the round top (but its about 580 feet tall). If you live in Charlotte, its the same height as Wachovia I (now 400 South Tryon - the white building with the beautiful gold windows).

5 comments:

megan said...

Looks beautiful! And I love the commentary :)

Lynne said...

I hope Brandon has signed his will!!!!

Claire said...

I've already made Derek a DNR :) Looking great! Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Unknown said...

amy, you should let brandon post more often, he's funny : )

except for the blond thing!!!! ; )

ps - the house is looking AMAZING!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

The house looks amazing!!!