Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Ours... The payment anyway!!

We finally closed on the house on May 21st, and I don't think I have taken a deep breath since. We have been busy, busy, busy since with hanging light fixtures (Ryan homes don't come with a lot of fixtures already), hanging blinds, painting and moving some things. Aubree's room is painted, light fixture up and curtains made by yours truly are hung! I think it turned out just beautiful and I'm pretty proud of my first attempt to sew something for home decorating purposes. Grayson's fan is up and I just got done painting his room. His curtains are currently in Anderson's room at the rental, so they will be put up the day we actually move in. I will post a picture of it once the curtains are up. Half of Anderson's room is painted and we are going to try to finish the two red walls of it in the next few days. Needless to say, we are tired, but excited to be making progress. I just wanted to blog a minute to let everyone know we haven't fallen off the face of the earth!!!!




Aubree enjoying the playroom



Most of the toys are moved since we are spending so much time over here


Toy room is pretty bland right now, but in time I'll come up with some decorating ideas for it
Aubree's Room with light, paint and curtains (they just need to be hemmed)


2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Amy, I am impressed by all of the things you've done in the few days you've owned the home! WTG! Congratulations on your BRAND NEW HOUSE. :-) :-)

Unknown said...

amy, we just got molly the exact same chandelier for her room (home depot right??!!)

hope you enjoy your new digs (and that they are vermin free!!!)