Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Doing the Happy Dance

I am three grad school hours smarter!!!! Yeah. I took my exam tonight and finished up my grad school course! I am so excited not to have that to worry about now! I have not whined in my blogging life, but in real life I have whined a lot about how much work it was. I apoligize to anyone that had to listen to me!! In retrospect, it wasn't that bad and I did learn a lot. A lot of what I wish I would have known before being a teacher for three years. It was good stimulation for my brain...which only took about 3 or 4 days to start working again! Now I can focus on getting the things done for Aubree's arrival.
While walking to class tonight to take my exam, I just had this feeling like Aubree was about to come on out and I started to panic. I can just tell my body is getting geared up for her arrival and I am no where near ready. I have tons of things done that aren't necessarily needed right away and have nothing done that IS needed right away. Her room is almost done and she has WAY lots of clothes up to 18 months! She won't be even sleeping in there to start with anyway! I don't have her carseat ready, the bouncy seat and swing need to be found in the attic and cleaned up and I don't have one diaper for her to wear...don't have bottles for when she will need one of those either. I threw away all of my avent ones, because of the whole BPA thing and still haven't decided which ones I am going to go with yet. I am not ready, but now I have a little time to get ready since I don't have my class to constantly think about. Stay tuned for pictures of Aubree's room that I will get posted once I can get all of the boy's bathroom stuff out of there (we are currently tiling the bathroom and Brandon likes to stretch projects out a little..)! The happy dance continues!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on finishing your class... i know it was a major pain!!

and really, all aubrey will need is you (and those diapers, but you can steal them from the hospital, right?!)

Amy J said...

Congratulations, Amy! That is quite an accomplishment.

megan said...

What a relief to be done!