Sunday, May 3, 2009

More Surgery!

I've been slack on posting lately and have been meaning to post about Grayson's latest trip to the ENT! He went back for his three month check up with Dr. Clyne to check on his tounge and the persistent fluid in his ears and surprise surprise there was fluid in both ears. They weren't infected (yet) just full of fluid. His ears are not draining properly, therefore probably affecting his hearing and maybe the reason he says a lot of his words like they are muffled. He probably hears like he is under water. Poor sweet boy! Dr. Clyne also wants to check his adenoids while he's under anesthesia to most likely remove them as well. And third, he will have some blood taken while under to test for allergies. He always has a runny nose and cough, so Dr. Clyne wants to figure out what is causing all of his discomfort. Well, fast forward a few days after the ENT appointment and he comes down with a fever of 102.5 and I immediately knew what was wrong. So, in the midst of the swine flu hysteria I had to take him to the doctor with signs everywhere warning to let someone know if you have the symptoms and if you have been to one of the outbreak cities or countries. You could tell people were on edge. Yep, he has an ear infection and is now on antibiotics. I really hope that after his surgery, we won't be at the doctor every month with an ear infection, at Target every month to get Omnicef, and maybe just maybe he will have clearer hearing. He will have his surgery this Thursday, and of course since he was a bear after the last surgery I am not looking forward to the after effects of the anesthesia. Say a prayer for us all!

8 comments:

The Nitsche Family said...

Sorry to hear about all that! I'll be thinking of Grayson (and you) Thursday!

Jennifer B. said...

Aw, Amy, I'm sorry about this. Poor Grayson. :-( I will pray for him and the surgery.

Amber Greenawalt said...

Man Oh Man! So sorry to hear about Grayson. Dr. Clyne is doing surgery for antoher family I know this week too. That guy is the best!!! (Hope he moves come to the new CEENTA Rivergate location) At least you know Grayson is in good hands :) I'll be thinking about ya'll Thursday.

Amy J said...

I'll be thinking of you all!

Unknown said...

good luck amy... hope the surgery clears things up for you all!

Eversole Crew said...

Poor thing...hope he gets better soon! I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you guys in my prayers!

Claire said...

Sorry to hear that. I know Grayson will bounce back like a champ. Hopefully this will make him feel brand new! I know it will be the hardest for you. Let us know when it will be. I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Nic said...

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed on Thursday that all goes well. I have a friend who swears her son is a new (more rambunctious)child after tubes and adenoids removed!