Thursday, April 24, 2008

17 month old monkey = Trip to the ER



We were supposed to have nothing to do today! I didn't shower and was still in my pj's cleaning the bathroom while the boys played upstairs! They always have so much fun up there and Anderson even tells me to leave them up there by themselves sometimes. I thought I could get a little cleaning done without Grayson under my feet wanting me to hold him... so I gave it a try! BIG MISTAKE!!! I heard a cry from Grayson and ran up to find blood pooling out of his eyebrow! Lord, help me!!!! I went into panic, asked Anderson what Grayson had done and he looked at me and said "I don't know!" I guess he was paying too much attention to playing with his airplanes while Grayson was trying to be an AIRPLANE! I still can't figure out what he hit his head on.... Anderson finally told me furniture! I called Brandon in a panic, then called the dr. and they told me to take him to the ER (while all the time Grayson is still trying to climb on anything elevated above the ground!) Remember no shower, still in pj's... not a pretty site! I threw on clothes and a hat, called my lifesaver Jenn to see if I could bring Anderson over and took off for the ER! Brandon met me there and we were called back within 10 minutes of getting there. They super-glued him up and said he should heal well! Thank goodness no stiches.. they are trying to get away from doing the stiches unless absolutely necessary. He will probably always have a little scar to remind me of his monkey days! The ER doctor told me that this will probably not be the last time we were in there for something like this having two boys! Moral of the story: I will just have to have a dirty house!!!!
* His eye is a little swollen this morning... wondering if it will turn black???

6 comments:

Amy J said...

Oh man, I thought it was Anderson! not that that would make it better, but aww, poor Grayson! Sounds like he handled it like a trooper though.

Unknown said...

Certainly glad Grayson is ok.
Furniture sure can get in the way sometimes.
Dotty

Carainn said...

Poor baby.
glad he is going to be ok.

Carainn

Claire said...

Oh boy...the things I have to look forward to. Glad to hear he is ok...hope you are too. Congrats on your 5 year anniversary too! Seems like Derek and I should have at least been married that long too:) Just one of those weeks! Love you!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Glad he is going to be OK! It seems like the older one never knows what "really" happens!!

Kathryn

Amber Greenawalt said...

Glad to hear Grayson is okay and smiling in the pictures. That Dermabond (superglue) is awesome stuff! Here's to boys!

~Amber