Friday, August 22, 2008

We are Home!!

We are home now and getting the boys used to having a little sister! Anderson is head over heels in love with her and Grayson is trying to decide what he thinks. He is very fond of her paci though and thinks it's pretty cool that they both have something that looks alike.
Her birth was quite quick. I went in at 6 and they broke my water at 8:30 since I was already 4 cm. Pains didn't start until they threw me on the pitocin at 10:30. They were very intense with only about 30 seconds between them. I couldn't handle many of them. After being in tears I was talked into my epidural and got it about 11:45. It took great, unlike the other ones that I have had before. I laid back down after the epi and they checked me and I was 8 cm and her head was right there! They set me up to start to push to see if I could get to complete and once Dr. Barkley got in I pushed 10 minutes and little Aubree Clarie entered the world very cool anc content! So all in all I was in labor for 2 hours. Her face was all smooshed like Anderson's was when he was born.
She is the sweetest thing and has not been awake too much since being born. We are working on the nursing. Here are some pics from the last three days!









6 comments:

Carainn said...

I was just thinking of you :)

glad you are home.

Here's to your party of five.

May God bless you

Love Carainn

Claire said...

I've been so excited to see more pictures! Glad you are all home together. Aubree is so lucky to have such sweet, adorable big brothers. I love her white dress and her Clemson hat of course. You all look wonderful. Enjoy getting to know each other. Love ya!

megan said...

So sweet. Glad to hear you're home. Enjoy the weekend!

Jennifer B. said...

Sounds like the birth went really well (minus the pain). The boys' shirts are adorable. I'm sure it's good to be home. :-)

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Welcome home! I love the Big Brother shirts. I know you are glad to be back home. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Glad you are home and looking forward to meeting your newest member of the family. I can't get over how tiny she looks with that huge paci in her mouth!