Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Week!

I will just preface this by.. if boob talk makes you uncomfortable just skip this post and wait for my next one! :)

We are thrown curveballs everyday, but I sure didn't see this one coming! Aubree is the most precious thing I could have ever imagined she would be. She sleeps so well (almost too well) and doesn't get mad about a lot. She is beautiful! I never imagined that she would have trouble nursing! When I say trouble, I mean just doesn't want to do it!!!!!! She goes to sleep at soon as she gets close or will latch for two seconds and fall asleep just to fall off again. I have had a really hard time with this over the last week. I break down and cry everytime I think about it, which is almost all of the time. I guess the hormones don't help too much either. Anderson nursed so well for 11 1/2 months and Grayson even though tounge tied at birth was a champion nurser for about 10 months! It is something that I never imagined would happen. It just breaks my heart that she doesn't want to. I have been pumping since being in the hospital, and she LOVES the milk.. she just loves it from the bottle... little stinker! So if you see me, and my eyes look red it's not that I'm sleep deprived it's that I have probably been crying at some point in the day! I'm seeing the lactation consultant and determined not to give up!! I'm hoping she just needs a little more time to get it, get stronger and realize mommy can give her that milk too! So if you see me with my stylish "Pump In Style" bag over my shoulder just say a prayer for me.. ok!

The boys are just awsome with her.. They love her so much. Grayson is patting her on the back and rubbing her gently now! Anderson kisses and hugs her all of the time. It is so wonderful to have three children! We are truly blessed! All in all it's been a great week with my little girl! I just have to keep praying that everything will work out for the best and she will get the hang of it! Here are some pictures from our week.






2 comments:

megan said...

I'll be praying for you! I definitely know how emotional it is when breastfeeding doesn't work out. Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon!

Jennifer B. said...

Amy, I wasn't able to nurse Tyler and I was sad about it. I can appreciate that this must be extra hard for you because you were able to nurse your two boys. I pumped for a few days and just as my milk was coming in well, Tyler was very ill and was NPO (nothing by mouth) so he was not able to take that milk anyway! The positive thing about me not being able to nurse Tyler was that it enabled Rick to feed Tyler. I think that was a special time for them. It is great that she will drink your milk and that you're able to pump.